There was standing room only earlier today as c100 members joined us for our breakfast seminar exploring the findings of our ‘Building Trust: Insight Paper on Good Growth‘ report released at the end of last year.
The report’s author, Prof Tony Travers, provided a summary of his key findings (view the presentation here) before a panel of experts discussed how the property industry and local government can work together to rebuild public trust in planning and development in Central London. Key topics included reform of the planning system; meaningful public consultations; better and more modern communication between the industry and public; and the role of the GLA. Panel speakers included:
- James Cooksey, Chair of WPA; Director of Central London at The Crown Estate (moderator)
- Deirdra Armsby, Director of Place Shaping and Town Planning at Westminster City Council
- Matthew Bennett MBE, Soho Society and West End Community Network
- Ben Rogers, Director of Centre for London
- Prof. Tony Travers, Director of LSE London
Many thanks to The Crown Estate for hosting us at One Heddon Street, their new flexible workplace for professionals, start-ups and entrepreneurs.