WPA was delighted to welcome members to a seminar in partnership with Young Westminster Foundation. To mark Young Westminster Foundation’s fifth anniversary and to celebrate WPA’s ongoing support for the charity, the event brought together members and key bodies to discuss how we can help improve social mobility in real estate and Westminster.
Speakers and Panelists included:
- Cllr Adam Hug, Leader, Westminster Council
- Paul Williams, WPA Chair
- Phil Barron, Young Westminster Foundation
- Carl Konadu, Founder, 2-3 Degrees (panel chair)
- Brian Bickell, WPA Deputy Vice Chair; CEO, Shaftesbury
- Oyin Olaoshun, Programme Manager, 2-3 Degrees
- Cllr Tim Roca, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Young People, Learning and Leisure, Westminster Council
- Jamil Uddin, Young Westminster Foundation, Trustee
The seminar began with an opening speech by Cllr Hug, who discussed social mobility in a Westminster context, the challenges facing Westminster’s communities and the positive steps taken by the council to drive change in the borough. This was followed by a panel discussion on social mobility barriers and industry best practice.
View a recording of the session belowView event photos here.