In partnership with New West End Company (NWEC), WPA hosted a webinar exploring the significance of Forums and Neighbourhood Plans in shaping policy, development and growth in Westminster.
Representatives from across Westminster’s Council, Neighbourhood Forums and property industry discussed the key aspirations of Westminster’s Forums and how collaboration can accelerate shared goals.
The webinar also marked the launch of a new Neighbourhood Forums guide commissioned by WPA and NWEC, in collaboration with Kanda.
- Cllr Elizabeth Hitchcock – Deputy Cabinet Member for Business, Licensing and Planning, Westminster City Council
- Matt Bell – Director of Corporate Affairs, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
- Matthew Bennett – Chair, Soho Neighbourhood Forum
- Simon Birkett – Chair, Knightsbridge Neighbourhood Forum
- Michael Clarkson – City Planning Policy Team Leader, Westminster City Council
- Karen Alcock – Managing Director, Kanda
See below for a list of additional information & guidance shared by webinar panellists:
- Westminster City Council’s guide to neighbourhood planning
- Interactive map showing designated neighbourhood areas and forums
- Government guidance on the relationship between local plans and neighbourhood plans
- Knightsbridge Neighbourhood Forum’s note about the process of creating a ‘made’ plan
- Knightsbridge Neighbourhood Forum best practice guidance (including community engagement and construction standards)
- Knightsbridge Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Grosvenor’s community charter and guide to better public engagement
- Young Westminster Foundation