The property sector has rallied together at an unprecedented scale to help support communities and public services across the UK during the COVID-19 crisis, with a selection of some of the most notable initatives below. There are also several excellent locally based causes which members are able to get involved in.
- Business Support Finder will help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them.
- CBRE NHS Campaign is assisting the health service by facilitating contacts with available parking spaces and facilities needed by NHS workers.
- #DevicesDotNow campaign is collecting tablets, smartphones and laptops for the 1.9 million households who don’t have internet access
- Do Some Good is a centralised resource for the real estate sector to support the NHS and at-risk groups during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Government Business Support Portal allows businesses to register the ways they can help with the UK’s COVID-19 response, from project management to childcare support.
- Landaid has launched an emergency fund to support young homeless people in crisis with the aim of raising £1m.
- NHS Volunteer Responders can support the NHS and care sector by providing assistance by shopping for those in high risk categories and transporting patients and equipment.
- Local Organisations interactive map shows the location of organisations across the City that are assisting local residents during the crisis
- Westminster Connects network has been set up by the City Council to connect volunteers with those who need help.
We’d welcome any feedback on your efforts, big or small, and other suggestions for members. If you or your company has set up any initiatives or have ideas to support our local Westminster or Central London community, please contact us at email@example.com.