Recognising that a lack of awareness about the broad range of roles available within the property industry is a significant barrier to attracting young talent, the WPA hosted an online workshop in partnership with 2-3 Degrees and Young Westminster Foundation to give young people an opportunity to learn about careers within the industry.
During the workshop, attendees learned about property careers through a real-life example of redevelopment in Westminster and were asked to think creatively about the future of Oxford Street. Roller-blading, self-driving buses, water fountains, more greenery, gaming stations, and power-generating floors were just some of the ideas that came from the session.
The workshop rounded up with a Q&A where the attendees had the opportunity to ask property professionals questions about their experiences and routes into the property sector. Attendees were encouraged to explore the wide range of work experience, graduate and apprenticeship programmes offered by WPA members (see below for a list of current opportunities).
- Tofunmi Ayodeji – Marketing Executive, Built ID
- Rupert Calvert – Associate, Darling Associates
- Yannick Green – Principal, Thomas Cole Kinder
- Andy Hing – Senior Portfolio Manager, Shaftesbury
- Alice Murphy – Head of partnerships, NWEC
- Vanisha Solanki – Cratus
- Gupreet Tank – Senior Property Manager, Capco
- Russell Townsend – Graduate Surveyor, Capco
Resources and career opportunities:
Explore a few of the many internships, work experience and graduate programmes offered by WPA member organisation to kickstart your career in property:
- Capco: Graduate programme, work placements, summer internships and work experience programmes
- CBRE: Graduate, apprenticeship and internship programmes
- Deloitte: Early Career Programmes
- Gardiner & Theobald: Training programmes and virtual mentoring
- Gerald Eve: Work experience programme
- Grosvenor Britain & Ireland: Graduate scheme
- JLL: Summer internships and graduate scheme
- Landsec: Summer Work Placement
- Montagu Evans: Graduate scheme
- Oxford Properties Group: Student programme and graduate scheme
- Savills: Graduate and apprenticeship scheme