Our ‘Understanding the Co-Working Revolution’ seminar heard from a panel experts, and included a presentation of Knight Frank’s research on the topic.
The astonishing rise of co-working, which now accounts for 4.5% of all office stock in the West End – with Paddington at 9% – explains the interest from WPA members. The seminar heard how venture capital was continuing to pour into the sector and competition increase as traditional developers enter the fray. With returns for landlords typically 10-20% greater it’s easy to see why.
But The Office Group Co-CEO, and our hosts for the event, Charlie Green warned new entrants into this fast moving market to fully understand their locations and audiences, ensure these are underpinned by a real brand proposition, or risk getting burnt – predicting that some will inevitably fail as activity intensifies.
Many thanks to all our panellists, and to Knight Frank for supporting the seminar. You can view the presentation slides here, and the full research here.
The panel included:
• Rosie Day, Assistant Director of WPA (moderator)
• Charlie Green, Co-CEO of The Office Group
• Amanda Lim, Associate (Flexible Office Solutions) at Knight Frank
• James Lowery, Co-Lead of Storey at British Land
• Ian McCarter, Partner (Head of West End Agency) at Knight Frank