This WPA breakfast seminar hosted by Grosvenor explored the opportunities and challenges for increasing diversity and inclusion in Central London’s property industry.
Craig McWilliam (WPA Chair and CEO of Grosvenor GBI) gave the seminars introduction and stated ‘By not taking action, the industry is missing out on a huge pool of talent – as well as different & valuable perspectives on how London’s built environment can serve its diverse communities & visitors to the capital.’
Members were able hear directly from a number of the industry’s key champions for this issue, who discussed how companies could create a more welcoming culture, the challenge in addressing unconscious bias and practical ways that real estate professionals – from graduates to Chief Executives – can make meaningful change.
- Amanda Sheppard, Grosvenor GBI/WPA NextGen committee (Moderator)
- Brian Bickell, WPA Board Member; Freehold Board member; Chief Executive of Shaftesbury PLC
- Kaela Fenn-Smith, Managing Director of Real Estate Balance
- Alisha Morenike Fisher, Co-Founder of Black Females in Architecture
- Priya Shah, Founder of BAME in Property